Thursday, April 29, 2010

Review: Hush, Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick


Hush, Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick

Pages: 391
For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel. For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

Ooooh, where to start. I have to say that I LOVED Hush, Hush. First off, I mean LOOK AT THE COVER. Isn't it smexy? I mean, c'mon! :P

First off, there was a sense of creepiness all over the book. After Nora meets Patch, weird stuff happens. She gets attacked, her counselor changes...all sorts of things.
This book reminds me of Twilight in a way, although Nora tries to prevent herself from falling for Patch, where as it never really seemed that way in Twilight.
But I digress.

Basically, someone is out to get Nora, and she needs to figure out why and when the next attempt with happen. Thrown in there is Patch, a transfer student into Nora's biology class, who keeps drawing Nora in with his eyes and sly smile. It was obvious to me that they would end up together, but then again, isn't that part of the point?
Nora is studious and obediant, while Patch is loose and daring. Complete opposites.

I really LOVED Patch. He was so mysterious and elusive. Just when you get a grasp of who he really is, you find out there's more to it than even that. I was shocked at his intentions for Nora! It was extremely unexpected. Their relationship, however, was pretty well played out. It was serious, but also not really there. There was denial and desire. Nora kept herself away because she knew the consequences of her actions. That is how a girl should act in a relationship, or a potential relationship. I really like that Fitzpatrick emphasized that.

Until Nora figured out more about Patch, it was just a daily life novel. But then it started to pick up. The plot was intriguing and fast paced. The indentities of key characters was shocking. I loved how it moved and the pace.
A good romance/thriller book. It makes me appreciate my security in life, although I'd love to have me some sexy Patch body. :P

RATING: 9 of 10

Until next time,

Addy

4 comments:

  1. lol much agreed he was pure hotness!! i adored this book,great review!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Blue! Glad you liked it!
    I can't wait for the sequel. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of this one but haven't picked it up yet. It looks a little weird and too romantic for me. But I didn't mind Twilight. I read the whole series.
    -Ace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is a definite read, Ace! It is romantic...but I don't know how to explain. It is both a main focus and side focus. There is an attraction throughout the book, but it isn't until the real end that it gets full blown.

    Thanks for droppin' by!
    -Addy

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog