Sunday, April 25, 2010

Kiss and Tell (1)

This Is a new meme being featured Over at Fatasy4eva, where the whole idea is to gush about our latest books compare and discuss them.

So this will be our first meme here at Paper Between Our Fingers! I've read the rules a good amount of times...I hope I get this right. XP
I've got two books here to tell about!


Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Rating: 7 Kiss and Tells

Total Pages: 390

Summary: For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf—her wolf—is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human ... until the cold makes him shift back again. Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human--or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.

What I Think:
I've heard such good things about Shiver, and I've had it on hold on the Library forever, so I'm PSYCHED that I get to finally read it. My first reaction to it was instant glee, because it seemed like an absolutely perfect book for me. I love werewolves, or just wolves in general, and the romance element definitely drew me in. I'm somewhat worried it will be the reverse Twilight plot or something, but from the reviews I've read, that shouldn't be the case. :P
I would also have to say the cover really drew me in. The tree branches all around are very mysterious, and the single blood drop is chilling. I almost didn't notice that lil' wolf down there! I've never read anything by Ms. Stiefvater before, and I'm really looking forward to this!

My Thought:
Werewolves are hot. In my mind. Dontcha think? ;D



Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins

Rating: 8 Kiss and Tells

Total Pages: 391
Summary: Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

What I think:
Well to start with, I LOVED the Hunger Games. Really. Probably the best book I've read in a while. Katniss and Peeta are just so sweet together, and I was absolutely flabbergasted when she was kinda just playing with him. Darn you Katniss. Anyways.

I'm not sure what to think about this book, since the last one was full of combat and action and all, and I don't want this one to lack any of it. I'm also interested in how Gale will react to Katniss and how Peeta and Katniss will get along. I mean, she practically rejected him last time!

My Thought:
I felt so bad for Peeta at the end of the last book. I hope they work out. :D
So there you have it. I'll get to reading these!
Until Next Time,
Addy

2 comments:

  1. You did great! i read some of shiver sadly i didnt even make it halfway, just couldnt get into it, however catching fire was just as awesome i loved it!! so dont worry you will adore it, let me know what you think when youve finished either, great post !:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read both of the books in this series and loved them. I can't wait for Mockingjay to come out in August! Amazing book.
    -Ace

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog