Thursday, June 10, 2010

Review: And Then There Were None - Agatha Christie

And Then There Were None - Agatha Christie
Pages: 173

Considered the best mystery novel ever written by many readers, And Then There Were None is the story of 10 strangers, each lured to Indian Island by a mysterious host. Once his guests have arrived, the host accuses each person of murder. Unable to leave the island, the guests begin to share their darkest secrets--until they begin to die. - goodreads.com

And Then There Were None was the first Agatha Christie book I read. This is the book that got me hooked on her mysteries, and the review above does it some justice. I read the book in less than a day, so it's a quick read, but that's mainly because it's absolutely gripping. Once I started reading it, I didn't want to put it down.

The book starts off a bit slowly, with character introduction for each of the ten main characters. Each one is very unique, from a suspicious judge to a nervous secretary. Keeping track of all ten of them is a bit difficult, but it gets much easier as one by one, they are all killed off.

The main question in the book is who is the murderer? The characters are on a secluded island, with no contact with the outside world. They know that it's one of them, but they don't know which one. As the bodies pile up, the only ones above suspicion are in fact, the dead. The thrilling part is really when the book gets down to the last three or four people, because each one of them is absolutely terrified of the others, and paranoid as well.

The end of the book was really unique to me, because it didn't have a big miracle solution. In fact, it was a bit creepy once you realized who the killer was. As I said before, it's a short read, my copy being only 173 pages, but it is a very good book.


Rating: 8/10


Until next time,

Harry

5 comments:

  1. harry & addy just posted your blog up on mine thought id let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, found you via Fantasy4Eva's blog. Cool blog you have here and I am now a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Angel - Hiya! Thanks for checking it out! I hope to have my kiss and tell meme up tonight or tomorrow, so look forward to an awesome time here!

    @Blue - Thanks girl! I loved the feature! :D Yay for new followers!

    -Addy

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay cant wait to see it addy :) and no problem im just glad more people are aware of your blogs awesomeness :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you through Fantasy4Eva's blog as well. I like your site, and can't wait to read more of your reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog